For your convenience, Editha House provides guests with various amenities including free Wi-Fi, two common areas with televisions, a fully equipped community kitchen, an outdoor Weber grill, and a community computer and printer. In addition, there are sixteen (16) guest rooms each with a private bathroom and kitchen.
You are invited to enjoy the various amenities, and to share them with other guests. In order to ensure that all guests are provided with the most comfortable and safe environment, please review our House Rules, and note that all guests checking in to Editha House must understand and agree to the following:
- Due to our guests' compromised immune systems, visitors are not allowed.
- Editha House is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is not permitted within 200 feet of Editha House, including the patios and balconies. Smoking or tampering with smoke detectors will result in immediate eviction.
- All outside doors are locked. Under no circumstances should doors be opened for anyone. Immediately contact staff if someone wants to enter Editha House. Do not, under any circumstances, prop a door open so someone else can enter. When you come in, be sure that no one enters behind you and all entrance doors are locked. When taking the stairs ensure that doors are locked behind you. If you find an outside door left open AT ANY TIME, please shut it.
- During your stay, you will receive one room key, and a separate key for the exterior doors. Your keys should be with you at all times. Make sure to always lock your room. Editha House is NOT RESPONSIBLE for valuables or medications left in your room. Return the keys to the front desk when you checkout. There will be a $20 charge for each lost key.
- Please respect all staff, volunteers, other guests, and caregivers. Disruptive or irresponsible behavior that threatens the security or well-being of our guests will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of ability to stay at, or return to, Editha House.
- Quiet hours are between 10:30 pm-7:00 am, seven days a week. The televisions in the first floor common areas will be turned off during these times.
- Firearms, weapons, alcoholic beverages or non-prescribed drugs will not be tolerated on Editha House property. Failure to comply will result in immediate eviction.
- If any guest or caregiver is found to be under the influence or in possession of illegal drugs or alcohol, they may be asked to vacate immediately and may lose the privilege of staying at Editha House.
- Guest and caregivers must wear an Editha House identification wristband at all times.
- All guests must maintain the cleanliness of their guest room either by themselves or with the assistance of their caregiver. (Including kitchen and bathroom.) Staff may enter your room to conduct a maintenance check, confirm occupancy, restock supplies, and/or attend to any necessary maintenance requirements.
- A parking pass is required in order to park in the back lot. Passes are limited to one per room.
- Fire and evacuation procedures are posted on the back of your guest room entry door and in your Guest Information Binder. Please read them carefully and understand that in case of a fire, the Fire Department requires that you leave the building and meet in the parking lot. NO ONE may reenter the building until the Fire Department deems it fit, even in the event of a false alarm.
- Candles, incense and space heaters are strictly prohibited.
- In order to ensure the safety of yourself and other guests, please be aware of all electrical appliances that may be left on. (Curling irons, straighteners, crock pots, stoves, ovens, etc.)
- Keep the area outside of your room clear of any personal belongings. Please do not place any personal items or linens on the balcony.
- For the health and safety of all guests, pets are not allowed on Editha House property.
- Please do not leave any personal items in the community rooms. Community kitchens should be cleaned after each use. Please place all dirty, rinsed, dishes in the dishwasher.
- All guest rooms must be cleaned prior to check out. Strip your bed and/or sleeper sofa when you leave, and place the used linens in the laundry bag. DO NOT put wet towels on top of blankets or beds. All blankets should be folded and placed in the cabinet.
- If you require any furniture moved, please contact Editha House staff. Do not remove furniture from any room.
- Proper attire in common areas should be respectful of other guests. Footwear is required at all times.
- Editha House has a community computer and printer that guests may use located in the first floor common area. This computer will remain in the common area at all times. Use of this computer will be limited to 30 minutes. Editha House also offers free wireless internet for guests that bring their own computers.
- Please remember that each houseguest's religious beliefs are private and therefore religious materials may not be placed around the house.
- Nothing may be attached to any surface of the guest room, either temporary or permanent, or damages may be assessed.
- Editha House has 24-hour Video Security Cameras on the property.
Editha House doors are locked 24 hours a day for your safety.